SVP Vancouver is a network of over 150 engaged philanthropists who are keen to work with local nonprofits that have the potential to positively impact the lives of vulnerable children and youth in our community.
Our Investees (the nonprofits we work with) are willing to hang out some dirty laundry and don't shy away from a challenge. Most of all, they’re ready to take their vital work to the next level.
SVP offers unrestricted operating funding over 3-5 years that averages $100,000 total PLUS time and expertise in capacity-building areas like strategic planning, fund development, IT, marketing, HR, finance, governance, and more.
Have a management team that is based in the Lower Mainland or able to commit to a capacity building relationship in person
Have programming that impacts communities in the Lower Mainland
Be deeply committed to helping children and youth in B.C. thrive
Be interested in and able to benefit from capacity building programs and a capacity building relationship offered by SVP Vancouver
Be able to receive donations based on CRA policies governing registered charities in Canada
What To Expect: SVP's Selection Process
Once a nonprofit is determined to meet our core values and criteria, a team of SVP Partners conducts due diligence with your organization.
SVP has a rolling intake process. We're always looking for new nonprofits to work with, which takes anywhere between three and 12 months.
What We Bring To The Table
- Three to five years of general operating support consisting of approximately $100,000 in total funding.
- Investments in building your organizational capacity in nine investment areas (see the Capacity Building page for details):
- Human resources
- Financial management
- Marketing + communications
- Board governance
- Fund development
- Strategic planning
- Social impact measurement
- Management + leadership
- Skilled volunteers who will help build your organization’s capacity in the areas that are keeping you from reaching your full potential.
- A commitment to working in partnership. We get that there’s a power dynamic in funding relationships. We will do our best to mitigate that. We will invite your honest feedback, own up to our mistakes, and strive to find a path that works for everyone involved.
What We'll Ask Of You
We’re not going to lie; we ask a lot of our Investees. We're committed to your success and want to help you reach long-term sustainability and impact. Here's what we're looking for:
- A willingness to take a hard look at what’s holding your organization back, and to share those weaknesses openly. Once the cards are on the table, we can get to work – together.
- Flexibility and openness to working with volunteers who have busy schedules and varied professional backgrounds.
- A commitment to calling us in when something’s not working for you. That may be uncomfortable, but our best results come from honest relationships.
- An annual work plan and progress report that outlines the capacity building areas you are focused on, how they relate to your mission, and what you have achieved at the end of each year.
Here’s How To Apply
Check Your Eligibility
Does your organization match our core criteria and align with our granting values? If YES, we’d like to hear from you.
Please send an inquiry to us at [email protected] for more information or to discuss your organization's eligibility and fit for application.