To ensure more children and youth reach their full potential – contributing to a stronger community and a better world.
Our Dual Mission
Through the venture philanthropy model, SVP seeks to effect significant, long-term positive social change in our community by:
- Strengthening the organizational capacity of local non-profits by investing time, money, and expertise to help them to scale their impact and become high-performing, sustainable organizations
- Encouraging SVP Partners and their families to be well-informed, effective, and engaged philanthropists who inspire others in the community
Values And Behaviours
We believe in taking risks
- Pursue the greatest potential, not the easiest path.
- Balance risk with reward, understanding failure is inherent in this concept.
- Seek impact based on evidence, following the data wherever it leads.
- Share what you learn so that everyone can improve.
We foster positive change in our community and take responsibility
- Define success up front and together.
- Develop goals and plans, flex as needed.
- Foster a balance of passionate convictions with evidence-based decisions.
- Seek excellence – but don’t let perfection be the barrier of the good.
- Build strong teams; look for partnerships wherever possible.
We make a greater impact together
- Build trusting relationships.
- Be curious and humble, listen to learn and understand.
- Seek candid feedback and be open to change.
- Expect positive intent and integrity in others and ourselves.
- Be accountable for commitments.
We challenge ourselves to continuous improvement
- Never settle. Always strive to do better.
- Embrace the opportunity for learning in every situation.
- Facilitate the uncomfortable conversations.
- Own your mistakes and grow from them.
We believe all people should have the opportunity to succeed
- Be aware of privilege and seek to understand different life experiences.
- Look to see whose ‘voice’ is not in the room, and engage them.
- Recognize when others should lead, and step back.
- Acknowledge power imbalances and work to level them.